How To Change The Time On Fitbit
I am feeling too low I should check my Blood Pressure or heart rate but how can I wake up and bring my stethoscope? This is the problem we mostly face in our lives especially if you are living in a separate place or even living with your family but they don’t have any idea about how to check blood pressure or anything.
If we talk about old times, if we look back 7-8 years we can see that if a person is sick he had to go to the hospital or any nearby clinic even to check their heart rate or temperature. But with the advancement of technology, many gadgets were introduced to help you out so that you can check your vitals or health condition by yourself.
Like they invented the thermometer, blood pressure apparatus, and many other things which can calculate your vitals and tell you if is it alarming or not.
As new technologies are coming day by day, now we are living in a world where anything can be done anytime. Just like you know very well, you sent a message to your friend and within a second you get the response. It is magic or not? These all are the inventions and successes of our technology. These technologies made our life so much easy and convenient that now we can’t even imagine living without them.
With advancements in blood pressure or a thermometer, we now have different wearable gadgets which can tell our health condition within a second. You just have to wear those gadgets and they will start detecting your body vitals or even it will tell you about your activities.
Just like this, we have Fitbit. Don’t panic… Many people still don’t know about this technology and how it works. This article will guide you all about the Fitbit gadget. First, let’s take a look at what is Fitbit.
- Best Dancing Water Speakers
- Best Samsung Smartwatches
- Best Smartwatches for Health Monitoring
- Best Smartwatches for Teenagers
Fitbit – A Wearable Gadget
In the past decade, wearable technology has proved their names and come a long way. Fitbit is actually an American manufacturer of wearable fitness trackers. The company released its first product in 2009 which was a Fitbit tracker. It was totally a success for Fitbit. Fitbit tracker became users’ favorite in a very short period of time.
Fitbit proved that they launched a successful product. With the success of the Fitbit, the tracker company started to launch other trackers.
In 2014, the company launched the other trackers and also the companion app which will be installed on mobile but will control your wearable device. Fitbit is basically a fitness-based device that has other special functions to keep track of your daily activities.
Fitbit is an amazing invention in the world of new technology which is also known as the Internet of Things (IoT). The Internet of Things is a whole network of smart devices that use artificial intelligence to track down the different activities performed by humans. Fitbit is a small thing in this whole network of IoT.
Fitbit has many products which lie under 2 categories which are – Smartwatches and Fitness Trackers along with other accessories. But the company is known for only the fitness bands of which there are three lines: Charge, Inspire, and Ace.
You can also use the Fitbit to perform these activities:
- Monitoring the sleeping pattern of the user
- Measure the blood oxygen level
- Track users training with GPS
- Create a music playlist which you would like
- Receive texts and phone calls notification
- Pay for items while shopping
If you see generally, you will say that Fitbit is just like the other smart watches. Though you are correct as they are similar in style Fitbit has its main focus on users fitness, health or wellness. Smartwatches for Android and Apple are just the mini cell phone wristband with the help of which you can get access to several apps on your mobile phone.
But the operating system of Fitbit is different, it doesn’t have any access to mobile apps which doesn’t means it is not compatible with IOS and Android devices.
Types Of Fitbit:
FITBIT has two main categories of smartwatches
Versa is the simplest one but Sense can perform many advanced tasks like
- Monitor moisture on your skin
- can track your temperature
- monitor heart rate level and will tell you the stress management tool
How Fitbit Works
Fitbit had launched many products with different functions. Each gadget performs different functions. Fitness bands or fitness watches track down your steps and tell you how many steps you have walked today.
Many fitness bands can even recognize your daily exercises like running, swimming, or biking. When you are doing your exercise you don’t have to see the time or calculate it, you can just see it on Fitbit after your exercise but you should wear it before starting your exercise so that it can measure it.
If you are wearing an updated model of Fitbit then it will be helpful for you if you are traveling as it will tell you the whole map of your route, pace, and elevation because of its built-in GPS system.
You can also add the exercise shortcut if it’s already not in Fitbit. You can add exercise shortcuts on the app or Fitbit.com. the app of Fitbit has a dashboard that sometimes not recognize some exercises like yoga.
On the dashboard, you can add your different goals for each exercise based on how you are doing it and how it is affecting you like burnt calories, distance, and Time.
Fitbit has a built-in accelerometer that measures its user’s movements. Accelerometer is a work of translating your movement data into digital measurements so that you can read it on your Fitbit screen.
For measuring your steps, Fitbit always uses an algorithm to look for different motions that indicate that a person is walking. Sometimes Fitbit also measures your driving as steps whenever you are driving on a bumpy road so make sure to understand the accuracy of Fitbit.
Altimeter is another built-in feature of Fitbit that measures floors or flights you have walked up. If you are going on an upper floor it will measure one floor for about every 10 feet you go.
Changing The Time On Fitbit:
You don’t have to change your Fitbit time every day. The device itself corrects its time according to GPS, but sometimes it happens that you want to change the time of your choice and want to make some manual adjustments. In that situation, you should know how you can manually change the time on your Fitbit.
We are going to guide you on how you can change your Fitbit time no matter what model it is with its Charge, Versa or Inspire. We will tell you how to change the time according to 12 hours format or 24-hour format.
As we already said that Fitbit device is paired with our phone whether it’s Android or iPhone. And your phone is already detecting your location and time zone so you don’t have to do all these steps more often.
But in other situations like you are on a flight and your phone’s battery gets dead now it becomes difficult for Fitbit to monitor your location or time zone, so in that situation, you have to follow these steps so that it will start working correctly again without even mobile phone:
1. Sync To Change The Time
If your Fitbit is not showing the correct time after then simply it can be the case of syncing your Fitbit again. To sync your Fitbit follow these steps:
- First make sure your Fitbit is correctly connected to your mobile phone either its iOS or any Android device
- Manually sync your Fitbit by pulling down on the screen on the app’s dashboard
- Sometimes it happens that even after doing this solution your Fitbit still not showing the correct time in that condition follow the other solution which is as follows:
2. Manually Change The Time:
- Go straight to the Fitbit app and click the Account option at the top corner. If you are using a computer, go to the settings icon at the top right corner
- Scroll down to App Settings and then Time Zone. If you are on a computer just open up settings
- Look for the option Set Automatically, if it is on try toggling it off and on again, then sync
- If it also doesn’t work, try manually setting your time zone by turning automatic time zone tracking off and choosing a city where you live in your time zone. While on the computer, scroll to the bottom of the personal Info page and modify your time zone
- Once you have made your changes, force a sync with your tracker by opening the main app dashboard and pulling it down. While on the computer, click the Fitbit Connect icon and click Sync Now
Switch Between 12 Hour And 24-hour Format
If you are using your Fitbit device with 12 hours format you can easily switch it to 24 hours format but this can’t be done from the Fitbit app, for this, you have to log in to your Fitbit online web dashboard
- Once you sign in, go to the settings icon in the top right corner
- you will see the personal info option, open it
- scroll down to Clock Display Time, its from here you will be able to select your choice time
- click submit and then sync your tracker
- Now you have successfully changed your time format.
Fitbit is a technological device that is not only for fashion but also to detect your body’s vitals like pulse rate, steps you have taken, and the exercises you are doing daily.
Fitbit company has launched many devices which all are a success for them. Just like a normal watch Fitbit also shows you the time of your zone. But at some point, if you want to change the time of your watch then you don’t have to panic
because in this article we have described the whole process of how you can change the time of your Fitbit device also how you can change the format of your time zone. This article will tell you about the Fitbit device what it is and how this device works.
Q How Can I Change The Date Format Of My Fitbit Device?
Answer: For changing the date format of Fitbit device you have to change the language settings because there us no way to change the date format on your Fitbit device as it displays on the dashboard
To change the language settings:
• Log into your Fitbit.com dashboard and press the gear icon, then go to settings and personal info
• under advanced settings, search for language and choose the language you want to select
• click submit and sync your Fitbit device
Q How to reset the Fitbit device?
Answer: Follow the following steps:
• From the tracker, swipe across to the Settings menu
• in the settings section , go to the About tab and tap it
• scroll down to the section that’s labeled Factory Reset or it can say Clear User Data
• you will then be prompted to confirm the decision to clear your Fitbit to its box settings. If you want to press the Reset and then Confirm
Q How Can I Charge My Fitbit Device?
Answer: To charge your Fitbit device, plug the charging cable that came with the Fitbit device into the USB port on your computer, UL- certified USB wall charger. Attach the other end of the Cable to your device. It may take 1-2 hours to complete the charging of Fitbit device
Q What Is The Battery Life Of Fitbit?
Answer: It lives for almost 2-5 years which is their main drawback. The battery life of Fitbit depends in the model of which it is and also the features it has.
To increase the battery life of your Fitbit, turn off or reduce your use of some features
Q How much does a Fitbit cost?
Answer: The price of the Fitbit device totally depends on its model and also the features it has like the Fitbit Charge 5 costs $149.95 but the Fitbit Versa 4 costs $199.95. you will find all the prices on its website.