How To Clean Airpod
you here to know about how to clean AirPod but here are some things that concern me, and I don’t know why, you can skip to the how to clean AirPods part if you don’t want to listen to my concerns.
Issues With Handfrees
So, Whenever I am doing my job, my mobile phone falls down because of the handsfree I have connected to my mobile phone. While doing the work we can’t manage to hold our mobile phones so that we can talk to anyone in that condition we prefer using handsfree which allows its user to continue their work while talking on their mobile phone.
Handsfree is basically a wired device that is connected to a mobile phone and the other ends are inserted into the ears which makes audio. Because of its wired system, it created many issues like holding your mobile phone with yourself so that it will be connected to your hands-free. Sometimes it happens that you are doing some work and you can’t hold your mobile phone so you have to unplug your handsfree and put your mobile phone aside. Keeping in mind this issue our mind-blowing people invented the device which is known as AirPods. Which is a wireless device
Our article is wholly about this device, in this article, we will talk about the AirPods and how we can clean these AirPods. People get many issues regarding the cleaning of AirPods so this is the important issue that we have raised today so let’s get started.
AirPods – Wireless Device
AirPods are mainly wireless Bluetooth device which is also known as Bluetooth earbuds it was designed by a famous international company which is Apple Inc. This device was first time introduced in the market when the inauguration of the iPhone 7 happened on September 7, 2016.
Apple has launched many accessories but this one gained popularity in just 2 years. And after its success Apple company started creating more Airpods of different models and with different features.
More About AirPods
These AirPods are not just for playing audio but also it also contains a microphone that filters out background noise. It also has a built-in accelerometer and also the optical sensors which are used for detecting taps and pinches. If you have used any AirPods you might have noticed that while playing music if you press Airpods it will stop immediately and pressing it again will resume your music. It also has the feature of pausing the sound whenever you take out your AirPods from your ear.
The second model of Airpods was invented on March 20, 2019, which had a special chip known as the H1 chip which supports long timing of calls and hands-free “hey, Siri” support. In that launch, they also added the wireless charging case with extra charges.
After two years new model of AirPods came into being on October 26, 2021, which had a feature of external redesign with shorter stems similar to AirPods Pro.
Though this device is part of Apple company it is not necessary that you can only use these Airpods with iPhone, as it is a Bluetooth device so you can use it with any other computer, laptop, or smartphone, you can even connect it with an Apple TV.
How Airpods Are Different From Earbuds
If you have noticed when the first iPhone was invented in 2007, if you have bought any iPhone or iPad at that time you will know that the box of the iPhone also had wired earbuds. Both earbuds are wired in Y- connection to an audio connector that plugs into your phone.
When the iPhone 7 was launched, they packed the wired earbuds which came with the lightning port connector rather than a hands-free jack. If you look closely or you have used earbuds you should know that all wired earbuds have a media controller which is built into the wire, with the help of which you can control the audio you are playing you can play, skip, pause, and adjust the volume.
Airpods are different from earbuds, as they are completely wireless devices not even a single wire which is connected to each other. Instead of wires they have separate Bluetooth radios for both earpieces and it pairs with your mobile phone or other devices which you have connected through Bluetooth. It also has another advantage that you can use your AirPods while charging your phone via the lightning port.
How Airpods Work
If you have seen an AirPods you might have noticed that both earpieces are designed differently for both ears, you can’t wear the right piece to the left ear and the same goes with the other one. And they also have mentioned on each piece to which ear it belongs. There is a small “R” and “L” written on the stem of each earpiece. When you are wearing an AirPods make sure to connect it first with whatever device you want to connect it with. After connecting it successfully now you can put both earpieces in your ears in such a way that the stem of the earpiece will be straight down then it will naturally fit in the notch of your ear.
While using AirPods make sure to not touch them while listening to any audio as when you touch the earpiece, the accelerometer in it detects the touch and will stop the music for resuming the music you have to touch or press it again then it will resume. The working of AirPods totally depends on the model of AirPods you are using
- All AirPods Model: if you are getting a call you can accept it by double tapping on the earbud and after completing the call you can again double tap in the earbud and it will end your call. This feature is involved in all Airpods
- Original Airpods: in these models of Airpods you can wake Siri up by double tapping on the earpiece. Also, you control audio via Siri, you can ask Siri to perform your task like “play”, “pause”, volume adjustment, “go back to the last song”, “skip this song”
- Airpods 2:in this version you can’t wake Siri by double tapping on the earpiece but it will skip your track to the next one. For waking up Siri you have to say “Hey Siri”. In this version, you can also change the settings of double tapping so that it will perform other functions too.
How To Clean Airpods
This is a very important issue nowadays after the launch of AirPods. Because after using of many days it gets bad or dusty. So for that reason, you should clean your AirPods after every while. But some people don’t know how to clean their AirPods they just use it and put it on charge that’s it.
But AirPods users should know that cleaning the Airpods is part of having AirPods. But for cleaning it one should know how to clean it because it’s a small sensitive device that you can destroy in a second. Many people think that you can wash it you you can put some water on it to clean it these ideas are totally wrong you can’t use water for the cleaning of AirPods instead you have to follow some rules and regulations to clean up your AirPods.
If you have an Apple device then you have to use a soft, dry, and lint-free cloth to clean your AirPods. Or you can also use the dry cotton swab to clean Any junk in the speaker mesh of your AirPods. Don’t forget to read the instructions on the box of your Airpods so that you should know that either your Airpods are waterproof or not as AirPods and AirPods Pro are not waterproof but Airpods Pro have some degree of water resistance.
You might think that once you clean the Airpods now you don’t have to clean them for another 2 years that’s totally wrong thinking because when you are using AirPods it is getting all the dust, sweat, grime earwax most importantly, these all get attached to the AirPods and it will accumulate against the speaker mesh. If you mostly put your AirPods in your pocket or in your bag then the hinge area will be filthy in just a week. Both these areas are very hard to clean even with a cotton swab or cloth.
Airpods have certain parts which are too sensitive which include speaker mesh which easily gets damaged while cleaning. For cleaning AirPods you will need:
Things You Might Need
- Soft, dry, lint-free cloth
- 70% isopropyl alcohol
- Cotton swab
How to Clean
Let’s see how you can clean the AirPods using these things:
- At first, you have to apply a small amount of isopropyl alcohol lightly to the cotton swab and lint-free cloth
- Then use this cloth or swab for cleaning the surface of AirPods
- In the next step, use the toothpick to remove the dust or debris from the inner surface and inner parts of AirPods, these are the parts that can not be reached by the cotton swab
- Don’t forget that you have to do this whole procedure lightly, don’t apply too much pressure while using sharp or hard objects like a toothpick, as it makes scratches on your device and also it can damage the speaker mesh of your AirPods.
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush to clean the remaining finer debris in any area where you can still see the dirt
- At last, finish your cleaning by wiping all the dust with the help of a lint-free cloth
How To Remove Sticky Earwax On Airpods
if you are using your AirPods daily, there might be changes that it will be filled with earwax which will harm your AirPods speaker mesh. In some cases, these build-ups are lodged so deep that the cleaning method which we discussed earlier can’t help. But still, there are some ways with the help of which you can remove the stubborn earwax from the AirPods easily. Leta see how
- Firstly make sure you have covered the speaker opening with any thin tissue or cloth
- suck on the larger opening of the AirPods until you feel the air coming through the speaker mesh
- then clean up the speaker mesh so that the debris you have collected will be wiped out
- if still you notice some dirt, do this method again so that the whole debris will be cleaned out
Though this is not the very hygienic method this is the only method to remove the earwax from the AirPods
How To Clean Airpods Charging Case
If your AirPods charging case is dirty or filled with debris it will affect the charging of your Airpods, dirt buildup can block the charging pins, causing your AirPods to not charge properly. It also happens that if there is a dirt build-up in a lightning charging port, it will block the electrical current from going into the charging case
To prevent these problems follow these steps to clean up your charging case:
- Apply the isopropyl alcohol lightly on a lint-free cloth or you can damp the cloth with it, clean dirty areas on the outside of the charging case
- Use the cotton swab to clean the inner surface of the charging case, don’t forget to clean around the charging pins
- Wet the toothpick with isopropyl alcohol and use it to clean the dirty areas which are far from a cotton swab
- Clean away any loose dirt with the cotton swab
- At the end dry the case with the help of a paper towel or any lint-free dry cloth
What Not To Do While Cleaning
these are the small things that you should avoid to protect your AirPods as these are things that can damage your AirPods very easily
- Don’t use too much water
- don’t use abrasive material
- don’t use blu-tack
- don’t use compressed air
- don’t use the AirPods while they are still wet
AirPods are the invention of new technology that was launched by Apple Inc. Airpods are the updated version of hands-free with the help of which you can perform several functions like picking up the call, ending the call, skipping the track, playing audio, and many more. But these are the things that get the dust or debris very easily so cleaning AirPods is very important if you don’t clean them it will affect their performance and also it will affect the life span of your AirPods. Many people don’t know how to clean up the mess inside the AirPods so we have discussed in detail how you can clean your airpods easily. Though it’s a very easy thing to do but it needs handling and care as a small mishap will damage your AirPods completely.
Apart from AirPods, There is a list of the Best Wireless Earbuds You might wanna buy. Or the Best Selling Wireless Headphones you might like.
What is the battery span of Airpods?
The battery life of Airpods depends on the device settings, environment, how you are using it and many other factors. The listening time of AirPods are 5 hours with active noise cancellation and transparency turned off
What is the difference between a charging case and a wireless charging case?
The difference is that the Airpods with wireless charging case has a charging pad that comes with it. Airpods case can just be laid to charge on this wireless charger pad and it will charge. The nonwireless charging case is a regular charging case that need to be plugged in with a lightning connector to charge.